Lies of Omission

Lies of Omission
An Amazing Documentary

Thursday, June 8, 2017

Home

After a few weeks of surgeries and spending some time at my mothers house, which was closer to the hospital and the orthopedic surgeon than my place, I am finally home. I still have a considerable splint wrapped in gauze and a  pound or two of metal in my leg, but I am home.

I have always been a bit too prideful when it comes to being independent and self sufficient, that has been brought back to me in spades while I deal with this injury, unable to carry things with crutches; steps, once taken two at a time are now daunting challenges even one at a time. It is difficult watching my mother and my wife do for me the little things that keep me off my foot. I watch my wife do all the chores I used to take in stride, but now seem like mountainous achievements.

Yeah, I can get around, but it is humbling.

But, now that I am back at home and have access to the sorts of things I can do, I will be getting back to the film. Hundreds of people have given to this endeavor and they deserve to have me back at work. We have at least been accepted for the Impact DOCS Awards. We have submitted to a few other film festivals, but no word on those, yet. We have submitted to NPR's POV series, because my attitude is, give them a chance to prove their bias, it doesn't cost us anything to submit the film to them. There are many other things in the works, floating out there, waiting for me to get back in the game, so tomorrow I will be doing that.

The reason this is important and why, when those who have donated get their copies of the film it will be important to spread the word on Twitter and Facebook, is that part of what is discussed in the film is Fast and Furious. This is a scandal, the perpetrators of which have never been punished, the crimes committed never revealed to the general public. Lies of Omission is more than a film, it is a chance to revive interest in some of the scandalous actions of government that have gone by a blind media. But, a film is different, it has the power to bypass the media. Dinesh D'Souza proved that with his films and while this might never be that big, it still has that power to sidestep a hostile media.

And, I think that's what must be presented to the next generation, that the media is actually hostile to anything other than the collectivist drumbeat. No, Lies of Omission is not a hate-filled finger pointing diatribe, it is a rational description of how liberty has been lost, by who and why. It is told by those who have been in the fight, who have exposed scandals and who have struggled in anonymity to stand up to the forces oppression.

Things are moving fast in America, the media, the deep state, the warmongers are aligned against us. Yes, they focus on Trump as if getting rid of him is the answer, but what they are really against are the people who believe in what Trump has stood for, responsible immigration, lower taxes, less regulation, responsible budgets, a government not dedicated to the enslavement of the people. Trump himself is not the issue, though they pretend that he is. They are against the people who voted for him and are trying to reverse those votes. This is an organized rebellion. And, while this is not news to anyone, it is a fact and Lies of Omission is a weapon against these forces.

2 comments:

  1. Get rested and heal T L. God Bless and glad you are back home.

    Sawman

    ReplyDelete
  2. Godspeed on your recuperation. If you have physical therapy, it is a MUST to do them faithfully. Been there and know that it is a pain but must be done.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am a published and produced writer, a novelist, a freelance writer, a playwright and blogger.